St. Lucie Car Accident Attorney
You might read statistics regarding the high rate of car accidents throughout the US, but these numbers have more impact when they hit close to home. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ Crash Dashboard indicates that there are 4,995 auto collisions every year in St. Lucie County, causing 39 fatalities and injuries to another 3,048 victims. If you were one of them, you’re probably already facing significant losses and other devastating consequences. Though you may realize you have legal options, you may not know how to go about enforcing them. Our team at Sholtes Law, PLLC is committed to protecting the interests of car accident victims, so you can trust us to handle the legal process on your behalf. We’re aggressive when dealing with an insurance company, and we’re prepared to take your case to court if necessary to get compensation for your losses. Please contact our firm to set up a free case evaluation with a St. Lucie car accident lawyer, and check out some basic information about these cases.
Overview of Florida Auto Crash Laws
Most vehicle collisions are the result of a driver’s careless or reckless acts, which fall under the concept of negligence under Florida law. To recover compensation, you must present facts related to four essential elements:
- You need to show that the motorist had a duty to exercise reasonable care when driving;
- You must prove that the other driver breached this legal duty through unsafe actions;
- You have to establish a link between the breach and the injury-causing car accident, such that you would not have been hurt but for the breach; and,
- You need to show that you suffered losses because of your injuries.
In most auto crash cases, you’ll start by filing an insurance claim requesting monetary damages for your losses. If the insurer refuses to settle for a fair, reasonable amount, you may need to file a lawsuit in civil court to recover compensation.
Compensation for Victims of Vehicle Collisions
There are multiple forms of monetary damages available in Florida car accident cases, which are intended to put you in the same relative position you’d be if the incident never occurred. Our lawyers at Sholtes Law, PLLC will develop a legal strategy to ensure you get top compensation, including:
- Expenses related to your medical treatment;
- Lost wages, if you were unable to work because of your injuries;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Losses that affect your personal relationships with your spouse, children, and other loved ones; and,
- Many others, depending on your unique circumstances.
Discuss Your Rights with an Experienced St. Lucie Car Accident Attorney
As you can see, Florida laws on auto crashes are more complicated than you’d expect. Instead of putting your rights at risk, allow our attorneys at Sholtes Law, PLLC to tackle the tough legal challenges. Please contact our office at 855-534-2509 or go online to schedule a no-cost consultation today. Our car accident lawyers assist victims throughout St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, and Martin Counties, and we’re happy to help with your claim.